Welcome to the UltraJam platform

Searching for intelligent life on earth...

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Amy's All That

I love all sorts of music. Love Fleetwood Mac, love Sade, love Big & Rich, love Dave Brubek, Celia Cruz, The Gypsy Kings, Tina Turner, well, you get the idea. I go from here to there on the genre spectrum. Music is such a powerful medium. It can change your mood with a few notes, a few words. I deeply admire musicians and I sure appreciate a creative song with a good hook among the cookie cutter pop tarts today.

One such musician is the undeniable Amy Winehouse, British jazz songstress. Amy is a bit unconventional, one of her appealing traits. She's high on the charts now with "Rehab" and another great jangle, "You Know I'm No Good", is following close behind. The lyrics for rehab are funny but speak Amy's truth, I think. It's very catchy and her voice is absolutely genuine. I find myself singing "they wanna make me go to rehab" at my desk at work. That turns a head or two. It's great fun.

As for Amy's look, it's a little shall we say heroin-chic lately and also a bit slutty. So, perhaps not the best choice for a tween idol. But for us grown folks, Amy's a good find indeed. Give Rehab a whirl for yourself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of your last posts, this one is the most interesting… for me. Greetings, Mariana Cuentos.

Cat said...

Thanks Mariana, I do love Amy's music!

My Cynical Score

You Are 40% Cynical
Generally you give people the benefit of the doubt. But there are exceptions.
You buy into many of the things that mainstream society believes, but you're not anybody's fool.