Welcome to the UltraJam platform

Searching for intelligent life on earth...

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Blogholes


There are blogholes out there. I've discovered many blog directories with fun features and virtual friends to exchange tips with. But there, in between meaningful messages on the forums, lurks the bloghole.

They lay in wait on every directory I've visited, barking stuff at novices and vets alike. The blogholes call people names for asking questions, belittle honest suggestions, blast out arrogant comments and pollute the blogosphere with useless flaps from angry little fingers on keyboards. Tap, tap, tap!

But hark, there's always a voice of reason that exposes the bloghole for all the world to see with one rational reply. I love it! I've seen threads going nuclear until the bloghole gets shut down and blurp, they slink for a bit and then post a good thread for forgiveness, only to amp back up to their undeniable blogholeness a few replies later.

WTF blogholes? Stand down. There's enough page ranks to go around. Enough badges and votes and trackbacks and...wait a minute...a bloghole remedy! Please, some spectacular smart geek (and I do love geeks) out there write some code to slap a bloghole badge on someone's avatar that just cannot be removed. Blogholes, watch your backs. The code is coming...

5 comments:

malawika said...

Ha! I see your point.

You are very interesting person! And I like your style :), Cat.

Anonymous said...

Funny label. I get the image of a bloghole sucking all positive energy out of whatever comes near it.

Cat said...

Thanks! I was torn between bloghole and blasshole. I went with the understated one...

Anonymous said...

I read on a blog somewhere that bloggers are whiners - maybe someone should have told the blogger that he was a blogger.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I think you need to make sure you find a good "neighbourhood" that is bloghole free, then it's smooth sailing.

Great blog!

Cat said...

Hi Danielle, good advice! Thanks for commenting. - Cat

My Cynical Score

You Are 40% Cynical
Generally you give people the benefit of the doubt. But there are exceptions.
You buy into many of the things that mainstream society believes, but you're not anybody's fool.