Welcome to the UltraJam platform

Searching for intelligent life on earth...

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Protect Your Checks


Here's another way to jam the crooks and make their trade just a little less easy street. Uniball offers a new pen to thwart check washing, which is soaking your signed check in a solution that removes all the fields you've filled in after the thief has traced your signature.

The Uniball 207 claims to infuse your check with permanent ink resistant to these shenanigans. I for one am dishing out the $2.29 plus tax to prevent some clown from erasing my documents and taking me for whatever they can get. It's true, most of us don't write checks anymore with the omnipresent debit card and bill pay, but I still have a few instances where checks are necessary.

You'd be surprised how many cases of this kind of fraud are filed by detectives at my law enforcement agency, so I know it is indeed a real crime. Tell your world about the Uniball 207! Someone over at that company sure had their thinking cap on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cat. I've chosen you for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award.

This “award” is handed down to gals you think are deserving. It was originally started by Ms Roberta Ferguson at http://www.robertaferguson.com/2007/06/18/why-not-start-something/.

So, take the badge, give credit to Roberta, then pick the rockin' girls of your choice.

~Sandy G.

Cat said...

Wow, that's cool! Thanks, Sandy. I'll work on it this weekend.

Bob Johnson said...

I'm going to pick me up one of these pens, thanks

My Cynical Score

You Are 40% Cynical
Generally you give people the benefit of the doubt. But there are exceptions.
You buy into many of the things that mainstream society believes, but you're not anybody's fool.