Welcome to the UltraJam platform

Searching for intelligent life on earth...

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Dingleberry Chronicles


The hair is the villain in this story; not the cat. The hair is the keeper of the dingleberries. I have feisty cat. Never mind she's 14 years old; this crabby tabby thinks she's an absolute lion. She's the best in my book...except for all that long hair. Gobs and gobs of it everywhere. I constantly vacuum. I have lint rollers at the ready in my bag, my car, my desk at work, on the table in the foyer for guests to roll the hair off as they leave. I groom her. I trim her. But alas, the hair just grows back seeminlgy overnight.

Sorry to be graphic, but this story must be told. I trust there are others out there who wrestle with the dreaded dinglberry. It is, of course, a stubborn little ball (sometimes albeit not so little) of crap stuck to the long fur around the exit orifice. The mighty dingleberry wreaks some havoc in this household. My cat has two reactions: either she leaves it there and sits or spins on every imaginable surface in my home, or she does a butt drag maneuver across the carpet attempting to disengage it. As you can imagine, neither option is too effective, let alone sanitary. The sit and spin does provide a little entertainment as I 'follow my nose' to find all the defaced areas. The drag leaves a lone skid mark - much more mundane.

When I came home tonight and greeted my cat I saw by that very distinctive walk that a most unwelcome guest was here, the dingleberry. I have become quite good at swift dingleberry extraction, but any goings on down there agitates my poor cat tremendously. She's just not herself for the rest of the night.

Another thing that's just not itself is my new ergonomic desk chair with a double layer of extra special vented nylon 'comfort mesh' on the seat. Now, a golf ball sized area is smeared with dingleberry firmly packed into all those little holes in the material. I just can't deal with it. I wheeled the chair to the trash bin. It's gone. The dingleberry wins again. Drat.

4 comments:

Victorya said...

Too funny! (and true).

With my cat, she'd come screaming out of the bathroom after each poop and more than once as she turned the corner a dingleberry would fling itself free and against the wall. Those splats were never fun.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I read your post a couple days ago and it's still haunting me... so much so that this afternoon, I took my long haired calico aside to check her - yep!

Dingleberries just what I suspected - she is now clean, for the moment.

I am so focused on keeping the boys from burning down the house I hadn't checked this cat. I'm sure it could have been worse after hearing your stories.

I have another cat that sometimes pees on beds which makes me livid.

I inherited the cats from my 21 year old - I think that's why she rarely comes around unless her laundry is piling up.
:-)

Tam

Wilson said...

XD

funny :) one of those necessary evils of owning a pet :D

B. N. Sullivan said...

Hmm, one of the advantages of having a short-haired cat: No dingleberries.

My Cynical Score

You Are 40% Cynical
Generally you give people the benefit of the doubt. But there are exceptions.
You buy into many of the things that mainstream society believes, but you're not anybody's fool.